Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sugar and Spice...

and everything pink!!
We celebrated the pending arrival of baby girl with this gorgeous, girlicious shower. It was so wonderful to be with all of my closest friends and get excited for this new baby girl that is about to enter our lives any day.
My sisters, the Hostesses with the Mostesses.
Pink Sweets!! so fun.
That day, I was truly overwhlemed to tears at all of these beautiful women in my life. I could not be happier to have this community surrounding me and my little ones. I am so excited that my daughter will look to these women as role models and mentors. I pray that she is blessed with as good of friends as I have been throughout every stage of life.

My high school friends... all of us mamas now.

Bella, my amazing mother in law... she is a God send.
My sister led a time of sharing... it was such a gift to hear the encouraging words from these women. I need it!! I have such a healthy fear of being a mother of two... now that Owen is showing so much of his own will, I realize how important my job is and how much I need God and the help and support of others in raising these little ones.

That day made it SO REAL for the first time that I am having a baby GIRL.
Mark felt it too when I brought home a car load full of things like this little number.
Baby girl, I cant wait to hold you and kiss you and see your face. Its going to be so much fun to dress you and play ballet and tea parties with you. My prayer is that you are a woman of beauty, inside and out unashamedly shining God's glory for the world to see.

0 comments:

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008