El Capitan 2010
Here we are on the annual Burton family camping trip to El Capitan...
I LOVE, love this weekend and look forward to it every year. It is absolutely gorgeous at this campground and I love being outside, being with my family and relaxing all. day. long.
Owen LOVES this trip... he loves being spoiled with attention 24-7, he loves the sticks and rocks galore, sleeping in the tent, and this year he really loved the bocci and stomp rocket contests. My family learned that I am not exaggerating when I say that Owen is definitely TWO now... gone is the little baby boy with no opinions and no attitude. This is pretty much how he was the entire weekend, cup of cherrios (or cookie, if gramps had anything to do with it) in hand, completely spoiling any chance of a healthy meal.
The trip schedule is pretty much walk down to the camp market for breakfast, (love this long beautiful walk down there)...
Enjoy a LONG meal at the market, sitting around talking and eating (mmm... lattes and pancakes)...
Or playing a competitive game of bocci.
(Notice there is a new boy in town, Emily's man, we love him).
In between breakfast and dinner, we talk, eat, walk down to the beach, and hang out and just enjoy being with each other in this beautiful place.
And Owen gets spoiled by his aunties...
Mark and Owen chillin in the tent. Gotta love having clean sheets, pillows and a mattress while camping. Notice the hand in the cherrio cup again.
He may have a new little attitude, but he sure is cute.
Thanks dad, we loved our family vacation and making lifetime memories together. We cant wait for next year. Two new little girl campers!!
2 comments:
so much fun and so beautiful there! i love the family shot of the 3 of you walking.
I love reading your blog Elizabeth. It makes me feel like we are still connected in some small way. Your family is so special, it's great to see you ALL spending time together. Owen(love the name, he he he) is growing so fast!
I'm so excited to meet your new little girl. Three new babies is definitely a good excuse to meet up again. Hopefully we can do another reunion this summer!
Love and miss you.
Post a Comment