Last few days...
Of being an only child. Owen has pretty much been the center of the universe for the past two years. Although I have tried my best to not raise a spoiled child... he inevitably gets all of the attention and focus most of the time. I have LOVED my time with just one child, being able to focus all of my time and attention during the day on him, soaking in all of the milestones... but, Owen is SO ready for a sibling. Its time for him to learn to really share (and Im not talking about just "taking turns" with toys) this boy's heart is going to grow and be challenged by the invasion of a baby sister.
In these past couple of weeks, I have intentionally tried to do a couple of things with Owen in the midst of rushing around to prepare for the baby...
We stayed with Gramps while Mark was in Boston for work.
This boy is so spoiled by his Gramps.
We went to Disneyland one last time before the baby...
Im not super excited about braving this place with an ACTIVE little boy and a newborn without Mark. So we took one last quick little day trip with some friends.
And we got to see the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show front and center!!! OH TOODLES!
Dancing around with Malia... such a fun morning!
and many, many park days with friends...
I am sad that the era of having things semi-under control is ending. I am mourning the loss of JUST Owen and I, and all of the things that went along with being the mom of only one child... being able to meet most of his needs as they came, easily braving new adventures, having the nap time to rest and do things around the house, getting brakes when Mark comes home...
BUT, I am so excited to add this baby girl into the mix.
I am 39 weeks and enjoying my last couple of days of calm before this new little life enters our world. If you think of me, could you pray for us? Pray that I go into labor naturally (although I am getting induced on Tuesday if baby girl isnt here yet.), Pray for Owen in this transition of becoming a big brother and learning to share my time and use his GENTLE touches (aye!), and Pray that this new little girl is healthy and a good little eater (and sleeper? that may be a little much to ask for).
3 comments:
I love your heart Elizabeth, your Owen is so sweet, he will being an older brother! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby girl, she is so blessed to have such an amazing mommy:)
I can't wait to see pics of this precious baby girl! You will do great with two! It's a change but you can do it! I'll be praying for you and looking for news of her arrival!
can't wait for some photos of precious baby Peyton! love you guys.
Post a Comment