A New Season..
I love the transition from summer to fall. The breeze is different, a hint that change is coming. For most of my life, fall has brought the adrenaline rush of the new beginning of school, leaving behind the spontaneity of summer and getting back to strict routines and disciplines of the mind and body. This fall is different for me... It is a different new beginning, the season of me and Owen. I am now the early morning beach walker I used to jealously pass in my car on the way to work. Instead of stopping for a quick coffee, I make mine and enjoy it while I read and clean during Owen's nap. My after work dates with friends have become play dates with a stroller ride and a trip to the park. My days are simple and sometimes repetitive with Owen, but they are always filled with love and surprise. The new season brings quieter days, and I feel like God is quieting my soul. Im learning to slow down, to love and be loved, to listen, and to trust.
0 comments:
Post a Comment