Time Off.
This year, Santa brought me the gift of time... I had a FULL week with Mark home after Christmas. In my stocking, I found coupons for a morning walk with coffee, a bike ride, a movie date, time to read together, etc. I was so grateful for the lazy mornings, the walks around town, and the time around the house... I loved every second of it. We also got out of town for two days. After all of the fun chaos of Christmas, we were both craving some time away in a beautiful place and decided to head to SLO. We timed the drive just perfect for Owen to nap (thanks for being such a good baby Owen), with a break in the drive in Santa Barbara for a beach walk and some state street cruising. The drive was heavenly, spending hours in the car surrounded by gorgeous undeveloped land and uninterrupted conversation with my husband. Ahhh. In SLO, we hit all our favorites. Although the trip was short, we all came back feeling refreshed.
Here are Mark and Owen grubbing at Firestone. Owen has yet to realize how much he will truly love this place. Maybe some red meat next year buddy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment