Monday, November 17, 2008

My Favorite Place



Im convinced Crystal Cove is one of the most beautiful places in the world... when I need to feel alone, or need to get away and get my mind off of something, or just want to be somewhere beautiful, I go there. Last Tuesday Mark and I were craving a midweek vacation, so when he got home from work we strapped Owen in and caught the sunset at Crystal Cove. Its a mile away, but for some reason it feels really far from any worry or stress. Without failure, everytime we turn into the parking lot one of us says to the other, "Do you know this is one of my favorite places?" as if we had never said it before. It just feels good to say it. Owen LOVES the backpack. He loves the beach just as much as we do.

I may be sick of the heat wave, but I love the amazing sunsets. Have you seen one lately?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just absolutely amazing....It was great to see you on Saturday!

Danika said...

Owen is just adorable, he reminds me a lot your dad...we're hoping to come down south in Arpril, w'ed love to see you!

Anonymous said...

hey elizabeth! its so fun to see your family- and sweet owen! its just awesome to see ya'll living for Him in OC and see pics of our favorite places too- crystal cove! happy thanksgiving :)
jill and jason

Jessica Howard said...

Oh my goodness...just caught your blog. Owen in just the cutest baby. I cannot wait to see what he looks like as he grows up. Knock out. What a great family!!!!!

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008