Sunday, October 5, 2008

31

Thursday was my 31st birthday. I love birthdays, as they have always been an excuse to reflect on life and thank God for all he is doing and has done in the year. This year I began the day with a 4 am wake up call from Owen (who by the way is on a sleep strike all of the sudden). The wake up ended up being a total blessing as Owen went back to bed and slept until almost 8:30. I had my morning run at 6 all by myself since Mark hadnt left for work and Owen was still asleep. On that beautiful run and in moments throughout the day, I had a chance to meet with God and talk with him about my year. I talked to him about how much life change has happened, how these life changes are changing me, and how grateful I am for all of the blessings he has given me. My life is not perfect, and 31 is in some ways different than I would have pictured it when I was young; but, I have abundantly more than I could ever have wished or imagined in God, in love, in family and friends. In my eyes, I am the most fortunate woman in the world.

4 comments:

Kelly Meirik said...

i hate that i missed your birthday E!!! that is something i don't do- birthdays are important to me...happy happy belated my dear friend. i love what you wrote & am encouraged by your grateful heart. love you.

Acosta Photography said...

i really love reading what you write. thank you. and happy birthday - sorry i missed it.

Anonymous said...

what beautiful photos of Owen... of course, he is already such a cutie!
I was so glad to stumble upon your blog (a link from the Turners blog)- hope you guys are doing well!

justa 'nother foodie.. said...

Beautifully stated, Elizabeth.. And happy belated birthday!

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008